Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stuck in a moment

It's been more than a month since my last post. It was not an amusing period as I had so many happenings in my life. Apparently, the cons outweighs the pros. Life has not tested my patience like this since the first time I waited for my first girlfriend to hold my hand. The hard truth is I am still stuck here in Singapore. Why I say stuck is because I don't have a job (good thing I still have my wife and food - it always goes together) and I am unable to fly to Luxembourg unless the company who initially hired me changes their mind... again.

Yes, the company who hired me had a change of mind when they decided to pull out the position on the last minute, literally (read: the day I was supposed to book my air ticket). The agent initially told me that the processing of the "Permis de Sejour" (temporary residence permit) will only take 4-6 weeks. However, due to circumstances like there was a long holiday in Europe (which the company didn't take into consideration), it took the processing 8 "bleep" weeks! And as far as I am trying to be patient that a miracle might happen, unfortunately, the company was not able to wait any longer. Of course, they wouldn't know (or care for that matter) that I resigned from my high-paying job here, cleared all my debts, sold most of our stuffs, and bought all the winter clothes I thought I could use in the rainy Luxembourg. But as Eliot Spitzer once said, "Life is unfair and you just have to deal with it".

If you are still thinking (like me) "Where on Earth is Europe?" then look out for my next entry, that is, if I am able to enter that continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment